/*NOTE TO SELF. POPUP DHTML HEADER SCRIPT*/

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ah, loads of fun today. And some not-so-fun things, such as #1:

Headline #1 - Neighbours Turned On By Vegetable Penis

The usual story. Sunday morning is PERSONAL TIME. The only time in the week when I can really do my own plants some justice, and these irritating prats had to come round talking to me again! This time, it was worse - I was 6 ladder rungs off the ground (It's a fucking big deal to me) trying to hang up some Neps. Grrrr ..... Mom should stop growing controversial plants.

#2 - More chili con carne!

Yes, I made up a whole pot of chili con carne. Full recipe will be up hopefully by tomorrow, since I have the pics but yx conveniently forgot to pass me the transfer cable. Excellent. And I'm extremely irritated by dad, he took BOTH digicams to work and hasn't returned mine to me for days. ARGHHHHHHHH.

#3 - Surprise visit

Mariah's back in Singapore! She used up most of her pay to cover her mom's medical expenses in Indonesia, and is now working for another employer here. Today was her day off, and she came over to visit! Brownie went totally wild - "My tummy-scratching machine is back!" She was so enthusiastic, the first thing she did was to go off to the kitchen (she even missed seeing the Vegetable Penis) to cook up something nice for us! Haha. Had a nice dinner with every single person, Mariah and Dewi included, having fun at the table.

#4 - Smoky Eyes!

Had fun reading instructions to yx regarding doing up the smoky eye effect, and later helping with the eyeshadow and stuff. Oh dear. I was a complete disaster at first. They should hire me to make-up the actresses for Cleopatra. Hey, but it turned out to be great in the end! Even had praise from a woman at the salsa class, and I shot yx a "I TOLD YOU SO!" look.

It felt oddly wrong to be drawing on another person's face - isn't this the exact sort of thing we got scolded for doing, during those pre-primary days?? OK, maybe I was the only one who did that .. that, and tearing off my room's wallpaper, ripping off mom's curtains and scribbling on the undersides of beds.

#5 - Salsa.

Notice the period at the end. Notice the flat tone of my voice.

OK, today wasn't bad at all. For one, no changing of partners today! GOOD.
Also, that idiotic woman didn't turn up - I hope that's because her fingers got fractured last week.
Finally, those who WERE there were wonderful people to chat with! Really pleasant, and kind.

Well, that sums up today. Off to Sengkang tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home