/*NOTE TO SELF. POPUP DHTML HEADER SCRIPT*/

Monday, July 10, 2006

Made chili con carne tonight on a whim, was cooking up something nice for the little boy (livers and luncheon meat in butter - he became a little skinner since I left.) It was OOOOOH. Hahahaha. Quite a surprise actually, given how my last made-up recipe for cajun sauce ended up in disaster. It's probably a 9 out of 10 for this one - 0.5 off for not having rice to go with it right now, and another 0.5 for having a 2-dimensional spiciness to it. Strange. I used the moste potente bird chillies, but next time I'll add a second variety to break the monotony. Full recipe will be up once I manage to take a good picture of it.

Now I know the Texans' obsession with chili con carne. It's stuff you could eat right through the night, every night.

"My feeling about chili is this: Along in November, when the first northern strikes, and the skies are gray, along about five o'clock in the afternoon, I get to thinking how good chili would taste for supper. It always lives up to expectations. In fact, you don't even mind the cold November winds." Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady from 1963-1969.

Vaguely thinking of staying home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home